I Do The Overtime #1

...Monday The First Full
Moon In April.

1

it"s been nine years
since
and I"ve a heart-full
of unexpressed
wickedness dissolving
in the Crystal
Magnum of my chest
so it can"t manifest
and like a dripping icicle
it takes a while
this way, so
when I picked
up the water
bottle and drank
without checking
it wasn"t
something else
I thought what
would
of happened
if I"d swallowed
four moans of Proof

in a few swallows
in the dusty working
thirst of early Autumn?
I may
have gone
back
to hells" ago
attractions.
but the shortest
routes aren"t always
best. even this
tempting
the Imagination
with the possibilities
the colour wheel
of loading
stalls my
c.ooperative
p.ursuits
u.nity.
my bottle
sat heating forgotten
on the front seat
in the carpark
and there was no one
to cover me
if I left
and the staff are
such
a mixture that
it wouldn"t be bizarre
if someone needed
courage
to get them through their
shit
from nights
so remiss
of common sense
they had siphoned
the stability
required to collect
what ever prize
what ever enterprise
they were after
from the day ahead.
the likelihood is low
but it"s been this way
before
also
in the mix of potent
calibrations
the Chemical
and Unknown
Substance drop-off
section
is located at this
spot
and with untested
newbies staffing
constant gaps
appearing since the quake
to glug a stranger"s
water
near so voluminous
molecular
perhap-is...

—but it was spring
water, from the aquifers
of Fact, the added
effervescence gone
flat; blind Trust,
& "I Believe..."
this poem
is addressing: Need
humanely filled by light
and kind.

http://bit.ly/2LJ8Tv6

Poetry posted here was originally posted on New Zealand Poetry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A beautiful lullaby

the hard yards

the street lights